FINDING a PREVIOUS DOCUMENT
- You may find a previously created document at any time, as follows:
You may Preview a document on the list, as follows:
- Select File | Find Document.
- Select a Sort criteria to change the sequence of the documents list.
- Select a Filter to narrow your search by any one of a number of available criteria, including project, date, document name or Program User.
- Use Print List to print a list of the currently displayed documents.
- Select a document and then select Preview OR,
- Simply Double-Click a document on the list.
REVIEWING DOCUMENT HISTORY
- You can review the document history of any project at any time, as follows:
- Select Projects | Existing Projects.
- Double-Click a project, or select a project and then select OK.
- Select the Document History tab.
EDITING NAMES & PROJECTS INFORMATION
- Of course, there will be many situations where you will need to edit the names or project information.
- You can change any of this information at any time without any effect on previously created documents.
DELETING NAMES & PROJECTS
- As you finish projects, or as some names in your database become obsolete, you will want to remove them.
- You can delete any project or any name information at any time with no effect on the past documents.
- BuildingForms keeps all the information about a document in the Document History Log, including the name and project information, so deleting information from the names or projects list does not delete it from the Document History.
- In other words, you can always review any document in the Document Log at any time, regardless of whether or not the project or the names are still in the BuildingForms database.
- To speed your work in Florida BuildingForms, we have created supplemental lists for certain repetitive information. These lists include:
The lists appear throughout the program where applicable as pull-down windows.
You may add, edit or delete any item on and of these lists at any time, as follows
- Job Titles
- Improvement Descriptions
- Owners Interest
- Delivery Methods
A detailed description of every field and function on the Lists Dialog Boxes may be found in the Dialog Box Reference that is a part of this manual.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Select the desired List.
- Add, edit or delete the desired entry.
- Select Close.
- You may select the default printer you want Florida BuildingForms to use from your computers list of available printers, as follows:
Florida BuildingForms does not access your printer's properties window, largely because the program does not require you to change any of these settings. For example, all the Florida BuildingForms documents and reports use the same standard 8.5x11 paper, so there is never a need to change the paper size.
Florida BuildingForms does not provide a method of accessing or changing the page margins for the documents and reports. Page margins have been pre-set in the design of the documents to conform to the limitations of the vast majority of printers on the market.
If you experience a printer problem related to the print margins, please contact us at www.FloridaBuildingForms.com.
- Select File.
- Select Select Printer.
- Select the desired printer from the list.
- Select OK.
PRINTING BLANK DOCUMENTS
- Occasionally, you may wish to print a blank version of a document for review or to be completed by hand.
- You may print any document in Florida BuildingForms as a blank document (no data entered), as follows:
Blank Documents are not entered into the Document History Log.
- Select ANY Project.
- Select the Document.
- Skip any Additional information fields.
- Select Print Blank.
- The Print Labels function allows you to print mailing labels for the names in your database.
- The mailing labels are printed onto a single 8.5x11 sheet of 2x4 labels which are commonly available in any office supply store..
- The function allows you to select both the recipient and return address on up to 10 labels for each sheet.
- The function also allows you to select which labels on the sheet of labels are to be printed upon, thus allowing you to utilize partially printed sheets of blank labels.
- To use the Print Labels function...
- Select Labels.
- Select 2x5 Full Sheet
- Select the Return address.
- Select the Recipient.
- Leave the other labels blank.
- Load labels into printer.
- Select Print.
- Occasionally, you may wish to print a list of names, projects or perhaps one of the Settings Lists.
- Printing lists is done within the dialog box that edits the list
- To print a list of Documents in the Document History Log, select File | Find Document | Print List.
- To print a list of Projects, select Projects | Project List | Print List.
- To print a list of Names, select Names | View Names Lists, select a list, then select Print List.
- To print a list of Program Users, select Settings | Program Users | Print List.
- To print a list of Settings Items, select Settings, select the setting item, then select Print List.